Monday, July 30, 2012

This Past Week in Twitter World Vol. 2



Here are most of the links I posted to Twitter this past week (7/24-7/29):

1. Haven't heard this cover from the  before! Between the Bars // The Civil Wars:  


2. Check this out! Reading Lists of your Favorite Fictional Characters:

3. Children's Book Week poster from 1987 by Marc Simont!

4. Post from Brain Pickings: Artist Maira Kalman – one of my favorite hearts and minds – on identity, happiness, and existence 

5. Vote for the Best YA books on NPR: Some of my favs    Via: Best-Ever Teen Novels? Vote For Your Favorites

6. Check out Joel Robinson's Photography at his page! His work is utterly AMAZING!!! 

7. From "Letters to Note": Tolstoy wasn't Sendak, either 

8. On Children's Lit and the Olympics from the Cambridge ChildLit Student Blog 

9. Awesome list, 100 Best Chapter Books! Which ones have you read? 

10. Some quotes I posted:

“The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.” ― William Butler Yeats Just love this quote!


-"Creativity is an act of defiance." Twyla Tharp


-“Writing is not an exercise in excision, it’s a journey into sound.” E. B. White


-"You cannot always wait for the perfect time, sometimes you must dare to jump." 

Enjoy!  and Have a wonderful week :)

3 comments:

  1. Regarding your quotes:

    I love the one about the perfect time. So very true.

    And I totally agree about creativity being an act of defiance. Makes me think of the book Matched.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of Matched...is it good? And yes I love that quote about perfect time, it's hard to do though!

      Delete
    2. I loved Matched. But have yet to read the rest of the series. I definitely recommend it.

      Delete