Monday, July 23, 2012

Updated Plan for the last 28 days or so of Summer!


So this summer I've gotten more done that I usually do which is pretty great!  But like almost every summer, it's also been made up of making plans, goals and lists and then restructuring those said plans/goals/lists.

So this past Saturday, I stayed up figuring out how to make the most of the last 28 days left of my summer vacation...

Here are the results:

Updated lists of books and audiobooks:

Remaining fiction books to read:


Audiobooks left to listen to:



And two podcasts to prep for teaching this year, one on The Whole Book Approach from the Eric Carle Museum and a lecture by Adam Andrews on Teaching the Classics.

Theory books: So I haven't been as successful as I wanted at working through some theory texts.  So my plan for the next 28 days is to read the following four books in short bursts everyday. It went well today, so hopefully it will work! Couldn't find a picture for the fourth book but it's a text book on Literature for Young Adults that's pretty good so far:



Lastly, I thought it might be a good idea for me to try and plan out what I will be posting on in the coming weeks.  So I hope to be posting the following over the next four weeks:

-On my fall Children's Lit classes and Course Reading Lists
-Guest post Review over at "There's A Book" on John Green's The Fault in Our Stars
-Book Review of The Berlin Boxing Club
-On Czech Illustrators
-Post on Art, Dreams and Illusions
-Picture Book Review of Rose Blanche

So there's the plan! Here's to making the most of the final weeks of summer!

And all of this "making the most of the summer talk" reminded me of this quote from Tuck Everlasting for some reason so I'll finish off with that:

“The first week of August hangs at the very top of summer, the top of the live-long year, like the highest seat of a Ferris wheel when it pauses in its turning. The weeks that come before are only a climb from balmy spring, and those that follow a drop to the chill of autumn, but the first week of August is motionless, and hot. It is curiously silent, too, with blank white dawns and glaring noons, and sunsets smeared with too much color.” ― Natalie Babbitt, Tuck Everlasting

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan! Again, it reminds me that I need to check out some audiobooks, as I haven't been real happy with them. But, when school starts back, I spend a LOT of time in the car! It'd be a good use of time, though I often listen to on-air sermons which is a good use, too!

    I just finished "The Outsiders" in the past 12 hours. It's a quick read and hard to put down! But, also very sad. I'd watched the movie as a child or young adult, but never read it. I'll try to post later today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it's going to work out, day 2 is going well, almost finished all my theory reading for today!! And yes, definitely try out some audiobooks, I'll also be driving a lot this fall, so I'm excited to pick out some good titles to listen to :) The on-air sermons sound awesome too though, those sort of things are usually really awesome and uplifting, at least I've found them that way.

      I read the Outsiders in 7th grade I think and we watched the movie too. I'm glad you liked it, I'm actually going to be reading that for one of my classes this fall :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! They've been good so far, I'm listening to Undercover right now and the narrator fits to book well. I did like Looking for Alaska although I had really mixed feelings towards the book, but I'm hoping to post my thoughts in the next few days, so I'll tell all of you more then :)

      Delete